a bonfire kind of february

Processed with VSCOcamIt was about one year ago that Clayton and I had “the great debate”. We were toying with the idea of moving to California for quite a while… back forth, back forth. We finally decided to take a trip to California to visit some friends in the dead of Utah winter. They took us to the beach, we had a bonfire and s’mores, dolphins were jumping in the sunset, (literally, they were), it was totally magical; and the great debate ended up not being so great… the decision to move to Encinitas ASAP was unanimous without much struggle. We got back to Utah, put our house up for sale and it sold the next day. Sooner than we had realized our lives were moving states, we had our little cars packed to the brim with two dogs in tow.Processed with VSCOcam with f2 preset Processed with VSCOcam with g3 presetProcessed with VSCOcam with f2 preset

When we had our friends Brady and Lindsay visit us a couple weeks ago, we knew the only way to get them to move here, (which is always the main focus when friends visit), would be the magical bonfire/dolphin duo. We didn’t see any dolphins, but we did see a whale. Good enough, check. Perfect February weather, check. S’mores, check. Frisbee at sunset, check.

So what do you say you guys? What’s it gonna be?! :)

It is mind blowing how our lives have changed in just one short year. And there isn’t much I can complain about. We kinda really love it here. Especially in February.

Untitled-003

About these ads

1. You’ve been busy, your blog looks soooo good!

2. Tawney

/  February 27, 2014

Well I hope your friends move down here :p I live in San Diego and I haven’t been to the Encinitas area, is there a beach around there? Wishing you the best of luck on your newest bundle of joy! It is truly an amazing overall experience! Would love to here about your new mother hood stories! :)

3. jolene

/  February 28, 2014

I’ll bet Clay just can’t wait to teach his little guy to surf. Well, I guess the wee one has to make an entrance first. He already has a mind of his own; seems he is holding up the show a bit. ( Any time now). Good luck. I hope you can keep this great blog going. We’ll all just have to understand if you take a little break once he comes.

4. I’ve been to San Diego multiple times and it is beautiful there. I’ll stick to Texas but the beaches there are gorgeous and there is always something going on.

5. Lindsay johnson

/  March 3, 2014

Love this post. You and clay and Ezra can have your own little family bonfires all winter long when you live here! I miss you guys already I want to come back!!

6. clj

/  March 14, 2014

Family and friends have enjoyed your hospitality through the years, whether in Utah or in California. You and Clay are great people.

7. Pur si simplu perfect. a bonfire kind of february merita
    distribuit pe facebook. curs valutar BNR